Hikes on foot
“It was a wonderful hike – great weather, small and close group, nature guide with interesting stories and marvellous nature.” – Annika
“Just a big joy 😊 Many thanks to the organisers and participants. A truly great hiking day!” – Ülle
“What a wonderful Sunday hiking in Nõva. The hike added knowledge on one corner of Estonia which for me, coming from the Southern part, has been a largely undiscovered area. Thank you Wanderlustians! ” – Marika Liik
“Fantastic, broad-minded Wanderlustians who add a great deal to the hike with their own personalities. I certainly recommend since the organisers are great and the proposed routes are just waiting to be hiked and discovered with this joyful team.” – Marit Liik
“Very joyful and kind company. Time well spent. ” – Helen Reinart
“Very pleasant and interesting build-up of the hike by the organisers. Wishing you good and interesting ideas also for the future.” – Kaja Loot
“A healthy way of spending time with colleagues and specialists. A sufficiently fun, active and informative adventure.” – Evelin
“A big thank you to the Wanderlust team for a great hike. A lovely morning in the forest where a calm flowing was varied with fresh knowledge on trees, lichens, animals and birds. It was a truly healing experience!” – Psience team
“We had a really enjoyable hike around Äntu Lakes where we got acquainted with nature and flora of our native area. The nature guide was very pleasant and good. A great walk and experience guaranteed!” – Anastassia Kolde
“In Estonia there are nature guides and then there are Wanderlust nature guides. With the latter ones I’d go on a hike right away again. Or be in a situation where I trust them with my life. Well – actually I would go anywhere with them.” – Lauri
“I have participated on hikes by various service providers but only after one of Wanderlust hikes I realised how important in addition to the knowledge shared by a guide, is the client service that the company offers through its guides. By now I have been to several Wanderlust hikes and there is no difference who just happens to be the guide – somehow you have found a way to offer such a hiking experience that leaves the client really satisfied and that I also recommend to my friends. Your team spirit and enthusiasm for nature and hiking are really inspiring! Thank you!” – Piret
Hikes on foot
A hike is the easiest way to leave the city bluster behind and enjoy some peace and quiet in the wilderness. The benefit of hikes is that they do not depend on the weather. We have a saying: “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing ”.
Different activities can be incorporated into hikes:
- teamwork challenges
- games in the wilderness
- forest cuisine workshop
- educational camps related to nature and hiking
- recreational nature education
We organize hikes across Estonia, both on State Forest Management Center hiking trails and less-known tracks. The trails have different levels of difficulty. Pick one of our listed trails or propose one of your own choosing.
We take you on adventures on diverse hiking trails of varying levels of difficulty across Estonia, so that you could experience something new. Below we have listed our favourite trails:
- the boardwalk of Viru bog and the conjunct hiking lap
- the boardwalk in Kõnnu Suursoo
- the boardwalk in Kakerdaja bog
- the boardwalk in Aabla bog and the Majakivi hiking trail
- Pärlioja hiking trail in Lahemaa National Park
- different hiking trails in Põhja-Kõrvemaa
If you did not find a suitable route from this selection, contact us and we can work out together the best adventure for you!
For hiking trails in Harju County, the price per participant is 23€ (price includes VAT). The minimum group size is 10 people. With fewer participants the minimum price of 230€ applies. If you wish to participate in a hike with a smaller group, you can also join one of our regular nature tours described in more detail HERE.
The price includes:
- a hike with a duration of 2,5-3 hours
- a tour guide sharing interesting stories about the wilderness and culture
- juice or herbal tea with honey and tasty snacks
For trails located outside of Harju County, proposed by you or for hikes of longer duration we will make an individual price offer. Contact us and let’s create an awesome hiking experience together!
Level of difficulty and suitability
A person participating in a hike on foot must be aware of their personal capability and health condition. We can alter the level of difficulty and duration according to your wishes.
The minimum group size is 10 people. Do you want to come alone or with a friend? Sign up for one of our scheduled nature tours: VIEW THE TOUR CALENDAR!
We have some recommendations to assure the best experience:
– dress according to the weather forecast and your own comfort level
– layered clothing should be preferred so that you could remove or add layers as required
– choose your footwear according to the weather. Generally, the best hiking footwear is hiking boots
Food and drinks:
– bring a bottle of water
– we also offer drinks and refreshing snacks during the hike
– we welcome children who are capable of completing the hiking trail in a tempo similar to the rest of the group. If you want to bring a child on a hike, specify the level of difficulty of the hike by contacting the tour guide. Children attending the hikes must be accompanied by a parent or another adult.
– spending time in the wilderness with your pet is a lot of fun but please discuss it first with the tour guide.