“If earlier I had always felt unsure about orienteering, the workshop gave me the necessary courage and knowledge for doing it and inspiration to go on learning. The people were great and time wonderfully spent 🙂” – Maris
Orienteering ABC - in to the forest and back!
Do you like to go to the forest but you always stay close to roads and trails because you are afraid of getting lost? Or are you the kind of mushroom picker who spends too much time looking for the right track back to your car?
We invite you to take part in a workshop where we get acquainted with the principles of navigation on unfamiliar landscape, learn to use compass, talk about different old- school maps, slightly smarter solutions and what is most important – talk about what to do should you really get lost in the forest without any tools to help you. Of course we will also put the teachings into practice.
After the workshop you:
- can read different maps
- understand the working principles of a compass
- can orientate on simple landscape with the help of a map and compass
- know simpler tools for determining directions by signs of nature
- feel yourself braver in unknown places in nature
Different activities can be combined with the orienteering workshop:
- teamwork exercises
- games in nature
- forest cuisine workshop
- study camps relating to nature and hiking
We organize orienteering workshops all over Estonia and tracks of various levels of difficulty can be chosen.
Learning takes place on different tracks with varying levels of difficulty all over Estonia. Here are some examples:
- Järvi Lakes’ district in North-Kõrvemaa
- Pirita forest in Tallinn
- Paunküla landscape protection area in Harju County
- Elva in Tartu County
- Kaiu Lake district in Jõgeva County
If you did not find a suitable route from this selection, let us know!
Price of the workshop per participant is 29€ (price includes VAT). We organize workshops for a minimum group size of 10 people or smaller groups with a minimum price of 290€.
The price includes:
- orienteering training for 3 hours
- instructions by an experienced nature guide
- necessary learning tools
- juice or herbal tea with honey and tasty snacks
The minimum group size is 10 people. If you wish to come with a smaller group, please contact us.
We have some recommendations to assure the best experience.
– dress according to the weather forecast and your own comfort level
– layered clothing should be preferred so that you could remove or add layers as required
– choose your footwear according to the weather. Generally, the best orienteering footwear is hiking boots
Food and drinks:
– bring a bottle of water
– we also offer drinks and refreshing snacks during the workshops
– we welcome children from the age of 13 to the workshop. Children attending the workshop must be accompanied by a parent or another adult.
– spending time in the wilderness with your pet is a lot of fun but please discuss it first with the tour guide.