How to understand the nature surrounding you, its functioning and impact? The objective of the workshop is to expand the nature-related knowledge of the participants and to develop environmentally friendly values through practical nature studies. During this workshop, the participants will learn more about plants, trees, wild animals, birds, mosses and lichens, insects, mushrooms and rocks.
You can combine different activities with the nature workshop:
- hikes on foot or snowshoes
- teamwork exercises
- games in the wilderness
- forest cuisine workshop
- educational camps in connection with nature and hiking
- recreational nature education
What are the best locations for nature workshops? State Forest Management Center campfire sites are most suitable as they already include many necessary tools. Of course, if the weather allows it. Upon an agreement with partners we can also provide the service in different training facilities. We have some locations prepared for you!
Some of the suitable campfire sites in Harju County are:
- RMK Kalmeoja campfire site
- RMK Nõmmeveski campfire site
- RMK Tsitre campsite
- RMK Järvi Pärnjärve campsite
- RMK Juminda campsite
- RMK Paukjärve campsite
- RMK Kalajärve campfire site
- RMK Pedassaare campfire site
For locations outside of Harju County, proposed by you or for workshops of longer duration we will make an individual price offer. Feel free to contact us.
For workshops in Harju County, the price is 15€ per participant (price includes VAT). The minimum number of participants is 15 persons.
The duration of the workshop is 1.5 hours and it is split into sections. You can create a personalised workshop by combining different sections.
Sections of the workshop:
- The mysterious life of trees
- The forest as a poor man’s coat
- Spring heralds
- Nature in winter time
- Gifts of nature on the plate
- Life of birds
- Animals in our countryside and forests
- Moss or lichen?
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms
- The tiny world of insects
It is also possible to prepare other topics depending on the nature of the event and the requests of participants.
Who are the target group of the workshop?
The workshop is meant for everybody who want a better understanding of how the natural environment functions and the relationships within that environment.
The minimum number of participants is 10 persons.
We have some recommendations to assure the best experience:
– if the workshop is outdoors, according to the weather forecast and your own comfort level – layered clothing should be preferred so that you could remove or add layers as required
– we recommend choosing your footwear according to the weather. Generally, the best outdoors footwear is hiking boots.
Food and drinks:
– bring a bottle of water
– we also offer drinks and refreshing snacks during our workshops
– we are happily willing to provide workshops for school children. Children attending the workshop must be accompanied by a parent, a teacher or another adult.