Bushcraft is an art of caring and giving meaning to the nature that includes learning skills necessary for surviving in the wilderness over a longer period of time. The survival training gives you basic knowledge about starting a campfire, fishing, building a shelter, using natural tools for navigation, finding food and drinking water.
You can combine different activities with the bushcraft workshop:
- hike on foot or snowshoes
- teamwork exercise
- games in the wilderness
- forest cuisine workshop
What are the best locations for a bushcraft workshop? State Forest Management Center campfire sites are most suitable as they already include many necessary tools. Upon an agreement with partners we can also provide the service in former military locations, in a smithy or forest cabins. We have some fun locations prepared for you!
Some of the suitable campfire sites in Harju County are:
- Kalmeoja campfire site
- Nõmmeveski campfire site
- Tsitre campsite
- Järvi Pärnjärve campsite
- Juminda campsite
- Paukjärve campsite
- Kalajärve campfire site
- Noku campfire site
- Pedassaare campfire site
For locations outside of Harju County, proposed by you or for workshops of longer duration we will make an individual price offer. Feel free to contact us.
For workshops in Harju County, the price is 35€ per participant (price includes VAT). The minimum number of participants is 10 persons.
The duration of the workshop is 3 hours and it is split into sections. You can create a personalised workshop using these elements:
- Survival kits
- ABC of starting a campfire
- Types of campfires and campfire beds
- Finding water and filtering water from natural sources
- Shelters (individual and with a group)
- Fishing with available tools
- Navigating in the wilderness
- Axe, saw and knife techniques
- Different practices and tools for cooking in the wild
- Hiking hygiene
- First aid in the wild
PS! You can also select all sections and make it into a full-day workshop. The price of a full-day workshop is 55€ per participant (price includes VAT).
Who is the target group for the workshop?
Military conflicts, epidemics and natural disasters affect our sense of security. We have come up with this simple but practical workshop so that you would remain calm in and overcome even the worst situations.
The workshop is aimed at everybody who wants to learn the basic skills that they can use during a potential crisis situation.
The minimum group size is 10 people.
We have some recommendations to assure the best experience:
– dress according to the weather forecast and your own comfort level
– layered clothing should be preferred so that you could remove or add layers as required
– choose your footwear according to the weather. Generally, the best outdoors footwear is hiking boots
Food and drinks:
– bring a bottle of water
– we also offer drinks and refreshing snacks during the workshop
–children starting from the age of 10 are welcome to participate. Children attending the workshop must be accompanied by a parent or another adult